What does Dugri mean?
Adapted from Turkish into Arabic, then into modern Hebrew slang, dugri is defined as “straightforward”—speaking freely, saying what is on one’s mind. To speak dugri is to tell it like it is.
Who is Dugri for?
Dugri was made for those who have dedicated their lives to serving others. If you protect or care for people in your job and need to talk about it, Dugri is for you.
We offer two separate, tailored spaces where peers can share the experiences, emotions and concerns unique to their community:
- Veterans: welcoming all US veterans and their families.
- Healthcare workers: welcoming all healthcare professionals and first responders
Is Dugri a replacement for therapy?
Absolutely not. Dugri cannot substitute for professional therapy but can be used as an adjunct to therapy or an element of peer support and self-care.
Those in crisis or in need of immediate medical help should call 911 or dial the Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
How does Dugri safeguard users’ privacy?
Dugri is a safe space where we commit to having each other’s backs. Dugri ensures the privacy essential to establishing safety and trust with the following guardrails:
- Dugri audio sessions are never recorded or listened to by Dugri staff or associates.
- Upon signing up, users must accept terms and conditions that include the duty to protect and honor each other’s privacy and keep everything said during Dugri sessions confidential.
- All Dugri community forums are moderated and users must agree to community guidelines honoring privacy before participating in forums. However, Dugri cannot guarantee that all users comply with the guidelines. Dugri will take reasonable efforts to enforce the guidelines including denial of access for users’ who abused their rights to use the Dugri platform.
What is Dugri all about?
Dugri’s mission is to improve emotional well-being, anytime anywhere, by connecting people in a safe environment.
Who is the team behind Dugri?
Our team is made up of psychologists, physicians, nurses, trauma experts, and technologists. Through decades of field work with elite Special Forces, medical teams, first responders, athletes, and civilians all over the world, we have developed a system for discharging stress, enhancing wellness, and improving resilience and mission excellence. We have done this in person during and after catastrophic disasters including 9/11, the Boston marathon bombings, the Parkland school shooting, major terrorist bombings in the EU and Middle East, and natural disasters.
We created the Dugri app to deliver this same proven support to hardworking healthcare workers, whose stresses and challenges are unique to them.
What is the Dugri Protocol and where has it been used?
Harnessing Stress to Excellence (HASTE) is the resilience model at the foundation of Dugri. In keeping with our core mission, it focuses on promoting personal wellness and better professional functioning. Developed over decades working with military special forces, emergency medical and surgical teams, corporate leadership and first responders, HASTE has been successfully[CJ2] [KD3] implemented around the world to help the strongest in their most difficult and demoralizing times. Beneficiaries include the Israeli Navy SEALS, FEMA, and its NJ Urban Area Security Initiative.